Brief Overview of the History of the Apology Alliance Australia
9 March 2015
New South Wales, Sydney
The Apology Alliance Australia is an umbrella group comprised of organisations and individuals across the country that had the prime objective of gaining justice, via State and Federal Apologies and a National Senate Inquiry, for the brutal removal of White Australian newborns from their families for the purpose of adoption. The Alliance is now focused on ensuring that the practical measures recommended in the Senate Inquiry Report (2012) as forming part of the Federal Apology are enacted. The most important of which is to ensure governments do not break their promise that Forced Adoption would never again be used to tear families apart. The Alliance is also focused on holding the government accountable for its current reintroduction of Forced Adoption under the guise of child protection legislation.
Dr. Christine A Cole
- Stolen Babies - Broken Hearts: Forced Adoption in Australia 1881-1987
- The thin end of the wedge: Are past draconian adoptive practices re-emerging in the 21st century?
- Parallels between historical domestic and contemporary intercountry adoption
- The Broken Bond: Stolen Babies Stolen Motherhood Viewed Through a Trauma Perspective
- Brief Overview of the History of the Apology Alliance Australia
- Executive Summary of Human Rights Abuses identified in three documents submitted to Senate Inquiry
- The White Stolen Generation And Its Meaning For Women’s Citizenship In Australia